Dave took Mike and Sarah, and Zane, camping last weekend. It was opening day of grouse season, and Dave goes every year to Walden in Colorado. Walden is in North Park in Colorado, a high mountain meadow in between ranges. I stayed home; we had just moved and I had so much unpacking to do. But Zane, who is now 2 years and 3 months old, by all reports, had a wonderful time:
1. Throwing rocks into Lake John. “I’m letting the fish know we’re here, Grandpa!”
2. Grandpa teaching Zane to fish.
3. “Now I am getting the hang of it!”
4. Fishing with the boys (Dave, and Zane, and Mike).
5. Zane’s first s’more: “So these are s’mores … I wonder why they are called that?”
6. “If we toast marshmallows every time we go camping, then I love camping!”
7. Doing what all boys love to do … climb anything nailed down.
8. Best friends … Zane and Orion.