Friday October 7
We slept in, checked out of our hotel, and drove to Sarasota on the Gulf coast of Florida, where my husband’s family lives. We spent a wonderful day getting caught up with everyone. Tomorrow we are going to the beach! (My first time seeing the ocean, except from an airplane at 20,000 feet.)
Saturday October 8
We went to Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota. The sky was blue, the sand was white and powdery (Florida snow, they said), the water was warm, and it wasn’t very humid because the pleasant sea breezes keep the coastal towns comfortable. Basking in the sun, listening to the surf and the sea gulls, wading in the ocean, looking for shells, and taking pictures of Zane … this was the most restful, peaceful day I have had in the past few years. It was a wonderful day. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.
1. Zane’s first time in the ocean too! (with his mom and dad).
2. The sand pail and shovel was a bigger hit than the water.
3. Zane and his dad making sand castles.
4. “Hey guys … you aren’t going to leave me in here, right? Guys?” Our nephew getting buried in the sand.
5. My wonderful in-laws enjoying the sun and sea.
Continued in Lions and turtles and alligators, oh my!