restoring the weightier matters of torah 2015 jan 12
restoring the weightier matters of torah, part two 2015 jan 13
restoring the weightier matters of torah, part three 2015 jan 15
restoring the weightier matters of torah, part four 2015 jan 16
Albert Einstein famously described the equivalency that exists between energy and mass (matter):
Energy, that which you cannot see, is equal to mass, that which you can see, when adjusted for the speed of light (which is time). Energy, that which you cannot see, comprises 99% of our universe, while mass, that which you can see, makes up the remaining 1%. This is a perfect balance.
As for the spiritual realities that these natural principles reflect, the Spirit, the unseen, casts the shadow of energy, while the Law, the seen, casts the shadow of mass (the Word became flesh — the seen — and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth — the unseen).
Beloved, have we narrowed our focus to the one percent, the seen, the commandment, the tithe of mint, anise, and cumin, while closing our eyes to the ninety-nine percent, the unseen, the Spirit, justice, faith, and mercy?
To restore the weightier matters of torah, we must restore the Spirit, or to be more precise, our understanding of Him and His operation, since He has not gone anywhere. It is we who have closed the door on Him.
The Ruach is the Spirit, which is as the wind, according to Jesus in Joh 3:8:
“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”Joh 3:8
In other words, He Himself is unseen, and as the wind, all you see is His effect, or its effect – trees bending and swaying, grass waving, a cooling breeze, or the high speed destructive force of hurricane or tornado. But the Spirit and His operation is not a New Testament phenomenon only. He appears throughout the Old Testament as well. When the text describes God in His effect, when He moves and accomplishes His purpose, we are seeing the Old Testament mention of the Spirit.