Thursday October 6
My lost luggage was found
and delivered to our hotel overnight. What a relief. All my jewelry
returned, and no more sleeping in my clothes! What a nice surprise
beginning to a wonderful day.
Magic Kingdom is overwhelming. Beautiful. Fun! Big. We walked down Main Street USA to Cinderella's Castle,
then visited Adventureland, Frontierland, and Fantasyland and the day
was over. The park is so big you cannot even see it all in one day.
There is also Liberty Square, Mickey's ToonTown Fair, and Tommorowland.
Also, the day we went, the park was closing at 6 pm: no electric light
parade and no fireworks behind Cinderella's Castle. They were having a
special halloween party that night. Boy were we bummed. My husband and
son-in-law went to guest relations inside Town Hall, and Disney gave us
free tickets for another day's admission with Park Hopper included (so
we can go from one park, such as Magic Kingdom, to another park, such
as Epcot, without having to pay the next park's admission). So we were
no longer bummed. We planned to return to Disney World the next Monday
when my husband's family would all be at work and school for another
day at Magic Kingdom and possibly more Epcot!!
Zane's favorite attraction was It's a Small World;
he loved the lights, clocks, and little children singing. He loves
music anyway. He was so wide-eyed during that ride, and kept pointing
excitedly to everything. My favorite was Mickey's PhilharMagic,
a very cool 3D movie experience that really is 3D. But even though we
only saw half the park, we still didn't see and do everything in that
half. There is just too much to see and do. Click on the thumbnails to
1. Zane was so tuckered out from Epcot, we had to wake him up to get to Magic Kingdom, poor baby.
2. Finally we are here!
3. Uh oh … the park is only open to 6 pm today! No parade, no fireworks, boo hoo!
4. The men solve the problem at guest relations and come out happy with free tickets for another day.
5. Cinderella's Castle is a fairyland dream come true.
6. Our boat for the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland … very amazing animatronics.
7. Zane loved the simple things … like playing with this sign while waiting for his parents riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland.
8. Watching the Share a Dream Come True Parade in Liberty Square with our daughter and Zane.
9. Zane and his dad riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant in Fantasyland.
10. “Mom, Dad, don't leave me with this … uh, person!” Getting pictures taken with Ariel.
Continued in Cinderella mosaics