Monday October 10
It was evening, the sun was going down fast, when we left Fantasyland for Main Street USA and dinner, shopping, the
SpectroMagic Parade, and the fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle. We
took lots of pictures of the parade, but none of them turned out well –
we were back from the street (having shopped till the
very last minute; it was our last day here and we were trying to
squeeze everything in that we could), it was dark, and the floats were
moving. All factors working against us amateurs, LOL.
were live action scenes from the animated movies, and everything was
lit up with colored lights – some spotlights, some mini lights, like on
a Christmas tree. Each float had thousands of lights on it, and many of
them had moving works so the scenes unfolded and changed as the float
progressed. And the entire parade was set to music which coordinated
with the floats as they passed. It was amazing.
parade was over, the fireworks started over the castle. But it was
unlike any fireworks show I have ever seen: a story was being told
throughout, all set to music, and scenes from the animated movies are
woven in and out of the story at the appropriate spots. The castle was
lit up with different colored lights at different times, and the
fireworks coordinated with the story and the music. It was really
spectacular. It was as long as our fireworks show here at home on the
4th of July. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.
1. We shopped in the stores on Main Street: You can find anything from $5.00 trinkets to $500.00 (or more) collector’s items.
2. Main Street lights up in preparation for the parade. Everyone was taking pictures of …
3. … the castle, which was lit up and changing colors.
4. Our best picture of the fireworks over the castle.
5. We were all completely exhausted when the day was over and as ready for bed as Zane.