Sunday October 9
Okay, there weren’t really any lions. But there were huge turtles and a baby alligator living in the pond at the edge of my brother- and sister-in-law’s back yard! My brother- and sister-in-law spent the day at church where they are the children’s church pastors. We spent the day with my husband’s sister, who had to fly out that afternoon for business, and we wouldn’t be able to see her again before we left otherwise. Then we went to my husband’s aunt’s house for a family get together with the various extended aunts, uncles, and cousins. In the evening we hung out at St. Armand’s Circle, which I gather is a famous area of upscale shops and restaurants right on the Lido Key in Sarasota. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge.
1. In Colorado we feed bread to the ducks, in Florida they feed bread to the turtles.
2. Baby alligator, about 3 feet long. When he gets bigger, the Steve Irwin equivalent will have to be called.
3. All dressed up for meeting the relatives for the very first time.
4. “I have had it with car rides … someone please let me out of this car seat!”
5. Ice cream makes everything better.
Continued in Magic Kingdom too, part one