1 Cor 14:1-40 chiastic structure:
1a.1) 1 Cor 14:1, Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy;
1a.2) 1 Cor 14:2-25, Proper exercise of the gift of tongues;
1a.3) 1 Cor 14:26-33, Proper decency and order in gatherings;
1b) 1 Cor 14:34-35, Women in church:
1) 1 Cor 14:34a, Let women keep silent and be submissive;
2) 1 Cor 14:34b, As the Law says;
3) 1 Cor 14:35, And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home;
central axis) 1 Cor 14:36, Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached?
2b) 1 Cor 14:37-38, The spiritual and ignorant in church:
1) 1 Cor 14:37a, If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual (therefore compelled to speak);
2) 1 Cor 14:37b, Let him acknowledge that what I write are the commandments of the Lord;
3) 1 Cor 14:38, But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant;
2a.1) 1 Cor 14:39a, Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy;
2a.2) 1 Cor 14:39b, And do not forbid to speak with tongues;
2a.3) 1 Cor 14:40, Let all things be done decently and in order.
1 Cor 12:1-14:40 chiastic structure:
1a) 1 Cor 12:1-3, Not being ignorant concerning that which is of the Spirit;
1b) 1 Cor 12:4-31, The manifestation of the Spirit: not for self- exaltation but edification of all; not for competition but cooperation;
central axis) 1 Cor 13:1-13, Love, the heart of that which is of the Spirit;
2b) 1 Cor 14:1-35, The operation of the Spirit: not in showboating but edification; not in dishonor but in order, decency, and peace;
2a) 1 Cor 14:36-40, Not being ignorant concerning that which is of the Spirit.
These three chapters should be read together as a single unit, because Paul is teaching a single theme: that which is of the Spirit, to edify the Body.